Our Purpose Statement
Helping individuals and families become sustainable by working with them over time through mentorship and training to develop the tools to overcome barriers to success and to foster the skills necessary for a more secure and satisfying future.
St. Francis Community Services is a ministry of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Committed to those we serve, our leadership and co-workers strive to live Catholic Charities’ Mission, Vision and Values.
- Mission: To bring the healing, help, and hope of Jesus Christ to those in need with a compassionate, caring presence.
- Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of St. Louis will be a premier leader in community renewal and a visible catalyst for social outreach by connecting with people, parishes, and ministries committed to a meaningful communion of care to those in need across every square mile of the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Dignity: We love and serve each person as made in the image of God
- Hospitality: We are to be and see Christ in those we serve
- Service: We always welcome joyfully any opportunity to be in the presence of Christ
- Excellence: We give our very best to people God calls us to encounter
- Compassion: We seek to journey with our sisters and brothers
- Joy: We bring fullness for life and look to bring healing, help, and hope in every encounter
What’s in a Name?
We adopted the name of St. Francis of Assisi because he embodies a selfless devotion to others, a simple way of life, and an unabashed love for the poor. The name also reminds us of Pope Francis, who speaks boldly about the scourge of poverty and challenges us to accept, love, serve and advocate for marginalized people.
“Poverty,” as Pope Francis wrote, “calls us to sow hope.” That, in essence, is our mission.
St. Francis Community Services was established in July 2011 by uniting social service programs once operated directly by Catholic Charities of St. Louis. Many of our individual programs trace their roots back three decades or longer, bringing an extensive understanding of the needs in our community.